very simple steps that I wanted to write down to share with my brotherinlaw to fix the softbrick of Redmi 2 prime.
Prerequisites to flash the new rom:
1. MI Flashing tool from here.
2. MI ROM version 6.4 (Android 5.1) from here. ( ROM file only for 2 GB ram version)
Steps to Flash ROM :
1. Install downloaded MI Flash tool in PC and open it with Administrator rights.
2. Extract the downloaded rom file into C:\ROM
Note : you can place it where ever you want but to avoid few silly issues I am suggesting you to place it on C:\ROM
3. click Browse on the above screen , choose the extracted rom folder path which will be nearly like the below
Note : make sure the chosen root folder has .bat and .sh
4. Turn off the phone, press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode, then connect the phone to a computer and click Refresh button to see connected Device in below panel on the MI Flash tool
5. Choose any one of the below options before you hit flash
- Choose Flash All if you do not want any data including storage.
- Choose Flash All except storage if you just want to keep storage files.
- Choose Flash All except data and storage if you want to keep data and storage files ( all the app data will be remain the same)
6. Now hit Flash and wait for the progress.
Note : it may take 5 to 20 mins to complete fully so please wait.
When you see the phone rebooted and you see first time setup screen which means you are successfully completed and safe to disconnect the phone from computer.